Tuesday 6 October 2015

Squeak Squeak

Hey my little jelly babies! 

So I've been sewing - Hoorah! 
My boyfriends gorgeous little niece Bella is having a Gruffalo day at big school on Thursday and so I  have been in charge of making her a costume - she's going as the little mouse! 

Me and my lovely sister-in-law Natalie went fabric shopping and found THE softest, grey faux fur/wool mix type fabric from Abakhan the other day and I was so excited to get started! 

The ears are genuinely bigger than her head! Ha
It also does have a little tail which you can see in my next post!  

I sadly didn't make this into a tutorial - I got very carried away but I can let you know the important bits. I used the Butterick 3772 pattern ( get it here) in aged 3 - she is 4 but she's very petite and this fit perfectly. 
I only used about half a metre of the fabric - properly even less.
For the ears I used felt and the belly and ear insides are pale pink jersey. Oh and you'll need some elastic for the hem too! Honestly I don't think I even used 30cm.
The shoulders also have shiny, silver press studs - I think they're actually 'anorak' fasteners but I thought it was a cute touch to the suggested buttons! What do you think?


I will post more pics on Thursday - or I will try to.
I'm going to take it to her tomorrow so I will have lots of cute mouse piccies and more close ups too! 

Let me know what you think - Or if you've been making anything similar! 



XOXO
JellyBabyJessy

No comments:

Post a Comment